Two of our long-term support (LTS) releases, v2018.1.LTS and v2018.2.LTS, will be reaching their end-of-life in just a few months’ time. This is a big deal because end-of-life versions do not receive critical security updates, performance improvements, and bug fixes.
To keep things running smoothly, it’s essential that you keep your Learnosity implementation up to date.
We release LTS versions of our APIs three times a year. Our latest included powerful new features like the Math Question Generator and authoring workflow support. All these enhancements are part of your Learnosity license.
But let’s get into the details:
Data API v0 is in the process of being sunsetted. We urge all customers to update to the most recent LTS version for Data API.
The following will affect Data API only, beginning July 1, 2020:
- Requests for versions older than v0.64 will be automatically redirected to v0.64
- Requests for the “latest” version will no longer redirect to “v0”, but to the latest development version, as communicated back in June 2019.
- The “stable” version will no longer be addressable. Instead of redirecting to v0.64, “stable” will redirect to the “latest” release.
The following will affect all Learnosity APIs (Author, Items, Reports, Questions, Data, Question Editor, Events, Assess, and Annotations):
- Support for v2018.1.LTS will reach its end-of-life at the close of May 2020, and v2018.2.LTS will reach its end-of-life at the close of September 2020. Our Support team will no longer be able to troubleshoot issues with end-of-life versions, and they will no longer receive critical security, performance, and bug fixes. After a 6-month grace period, these versions will be sunsetted and requests to them will redirect to the most recent LTS release.
- Requests for Minor (vX.Y) and Patch (vX.Y.Z) versions beginning July 1, 2020:
- For all APIs except for Data API, requests for Minor and Patch versions will be redirected to the most recent LTS version, which will be v2020.2.LTS in July 2020.
- For Data API only, requests for Minor and Patch versions newer than v0.64 will be redirected to the most recent LTS version, which will be v2020.2.LTS in July 2020.
If you’re unsure which API versions your integration is using or what the best approach is to upgrading, just reach out to your Customer Success Manager or log a ticket with our Support team.