What is the Author API?
What does it look like?
One of the best places to discover the Author API and its features is our Learnosity Demos site. Here you can see examples and code samples of the various authoring features you may want to use, and give you an idea of how it functions and what you can do with it. In a brief synopsis, the Author API allows you to embed and navigate through multiple different authoring views:
- display, interact with, and optionally view and edit, a configurable and filterable list of items in your Item Bank.
- Similar to the Item List, displaying a list of Activities (forms/tests/quizzes) from your Item Bank.
- Embed a fully featured Item Editor into your Content Management System (CMS) or learning platform, allowing your in-house authoring teams, or instructors, to create simple or complex Items, containing one or more questions and features.
- Embed a powerful Activity creation or editing tool, to allow your in-house authoring teams, or instructors, the ability to create or edit new or existing activities for later delivery to students.
Who is it best suited for?
The Author API is best suited for:
- Clients with their own existing Content Management System for in-house or contract authors, that they own or have an ability to directly customize.
- Anyone looking to expose teacher authoring within their learning platform.
- Those who want very exact control over their authoring experience and workflow, or a full branded experience.
How can I learn more about it?
The Learnosity Author category of this knowledge base is full of articles concerning the Author API, how best to configure it and use it, and the use-cases you can achieve with it. Alongside this, the Author API section in "SDKs & Reference" provides a link to our full API reference material for this API.